Coaching is unlocking a person's potential to maximise their own performance. It assumes that you have within you the ability and resources to have whatever you want in life. Coaching helps you to define where you want to go and it gets you there faster and more easily than if you worked on your own. It is about now and the future and provides you with the confidence and ability to move forward positively where ever it is in your life that you wish to change.
Coaching is a professional and personal relationship between two people; the coach and the client. The coaching sessions are face to face, working one to one with the client. Usually, the client will visit the coach as often getting out of the client's normal environment can help to speed up the process, although sometimes in the corporate sector, the coach will go to the client.
Coaching can help private individuals or within a business environment. The process is interactive as the coach guides the client towards defined goals.
The sort of things you may learn are how to remedy unwanted patterns and traits that can affect your life through techniques which include Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Intelligence, visualisation, dependent upon the situation. The sessions can be liberating and practical.
Typical sessions might cover:
- Thinking Styles: noticing and influencing skills - talking, selling and negotiating in anyone's language
- Great Relationship and Communication Skills: Making it easy for people to work together by understanding others' values and beliefs
- Goal Definition Tools: Learning models that work on a systemic level enables people to build clear goals with defined actions.
- Levels of Learning and Change: Learning what to do, with whom and when (1:1, groups, organisation to organisation and at a truly systemic level).
- Emotional Intelligence: Gaining high performance, managing states, alleviating stress, emotional awareness, relating to and managing other people's feelings within goals.
- Problem solving: Organising how to solve problems using a number of NLP models to gain effective results.
- Language Technique: Effectively using conversation, emails and telephones. Language as high quality information-gathering tool designed for business. The language of information relating to sales, high-scoring questions and understanding answers. Using other people's language to understand the structure of their world.
- Modelling Best Performance: Modelling who is getting the best sales, how they are thinking, behaving and achieving high results.
Coaching is not about healing the past; it is not counselling or therapy; instead it helps you to explore your own solutions. The agenda belongs to you.